Whether you’re applying for legal funding, pre-settlement funding, or surgery funding, you may wonder if a cash advance can speed up your personal injury settlement. An injury lawsuit can take months or years, depending on the severity of your injuries and the complexity of the case. Legal funding enables you to pursue a case when you’re short on cash. However, it can’t speed up your settlement; it can only provide financial resources backed by funds you expect to receive in the future.
A personal injury lawsuit can be time-consuming and stressful. You may be rightfully owed money to compensate for medical bills, time out of work, and so on, but that doesn’t mean the other side will cooperate. While legal funding won’t help settle your case sooner, it can give you motivation to continue forward. There are other ways to help expedite the legal process.
How to Speed Up Your Personal Injury Settlement
Legal funding is an effective solution to deal with your current financial circumstances. But we all know lawsuits take time. If you’re intent on a speedy resolution to your case, the following steps can help:
- Hire a Lawyer Experienced in Your Type of Case: An experienced attorney who understands the legal system and how to handle cases like yours can be highly effective and efficient. Knowledge of tactics used by opposing parties can help in negotiating a settlement. If you’ve been in a car accident, look for a car accident attorney; if a surgical error caused you harm, hire a medical malpractice attorney.
- Any lawyer you consider hiring should have a history of successful case outcomes and demonstrate their knowledge of the legal process for pursuing your claim.
- Collect Evidence Relevant to Your Case: Your personal injury attorney will help find all applicable records to submit to the insurance company and defense team. These include medical records, repair receipts, and documentation on lost wages and property damage. Police reports, eyewitness statements, and a written summary of facts also provide an in-depth look into the accident and your injuries. Gathering as much evidence as possible avoids waiting for the opposing party to request and receive them.
- Stay Communicative and Proactive: Even if you have legal funding (paid back only if your case wins), settling your case should be your number one priority. Provide your attorney with all the necessary information and respond to their requests promptly. It’s important to know all deadlines and keep track of them. Required documents must be submitted on time. The more proactive you are, the more efficient your legal counsel can be.
- Be Open to a Settlement Rather Than a Trial: If the parties involved in the lawsuit can reach an agreement out of court, you can obtain a settlement much faster than by going to trial. Your attorney will negotiate with the opposing party once they determine the value of your personal injury claim. They can also bring a mediator into the negotiations, who can help multiple parties reach and accept a settlement agreement.
- File a Motion for Summary Judgment: Requesting the court to decide the case without a trial is a faster way to reach a personal injury settlement. Your legal counsel has expertise in filing motions and can determine if this is the appropriate route to take. You can avoid going back and forth with the other side or losing a trial.
Does Legal Funding Have Any Influence on a Lawsuit?
Receiving a personal injury cash advance does not speed up a lawsuit. Funding companies cannot influence cases either. However, attorneys benefit when clients are motivated to continue with cases and pursue higher settlement amounts.
The litigation process is, by nature, time-consuming. Delays and negotiations between parties with differing opinions on the value of a claim can extend the timeline. More complex cases and higher potential compensation can also increase the time to resolve your suit.
Nonetheless, the timeline of your case impacts when you get paid. This often takes longer than most claimants expect. Legal funding provides the financial backing to cover your expenses long before you reach a personal injury settlement.
Apply Today with Fund Capital America
We fund many types of injury claims, ranging from auto accidents to product liability. Fast, simple, and requiring no upfront payments, our application process is entirely paperless and is 100% online. You can apply in minutes, and we’ll speak to your attorney about the facts of the case and then make an offer within 24 hours. To learn more or request non-recourse personal injury settlement funding in Los Angeles, apply now or call (855) 870-2274.