If you were hurt due to no fault of your own, and you are thinking about pursuing further legal action, you may qualify for legal funding. Legal funding, also known as pre-settlement funding, is a relatively new idea that manifested itself in the 90s. As the name suggests, a settlement loan is an advance based on the projected pay-out of a future legal settlement. Legal funding makes it possible for victims to seek justice without going broke proving their case.
Let’s face it, taking anyone to court is a taxing, soul-sucking, and costly endeavor. Typically, when people hear ‘lawsuit’, they run for the hills. But what if you or a loved one was hurt because of the negligence of another and it resulted in lost wages, hefty medical bills, therapy and rehabilitation? You’d want to take action, correct? Well, that’s exactly why legal funding and pre settlement loans are lifesavers to those that want justice but can’t afford lengthy trials or legal fees.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another, it is time you call FCA Legal Funding to see if you qualify for a lawsuit loan or pre-settlement cash advance. You can be approved in minutes! 310.424.5176
Common Qualifying Incidents
While there are a wide variety of qualifying incidents, there are several that stand out as the most common types of legal funding cases. Remember, to qualify for lawsuit funding or a pre-settlement loan you must be able to prove that another party’s negligence was responsible for your injuries or a family member’s death.
- Automobile Accidents – Not surprisingly, car accidents are one of the leading causes of accidental injury in America. According to the Association of Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), 37,000 people die each year from fatal car accidents, and over 2 million suffer injuries or are disabled. Given that you are not at fault, legal funding for car accidents is typically a seamless process. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to receive a settlement advance in as little as 24 hours. Since personal injury attorneys aren’t paid upfront to pursue car accident claims, the monies levied against the outcome of your case would be used for medical bills and other living expenses in lieu of legal fees.
- Wrongful Death Legal Funding – Wrongful death is similar to personal injury cases in the sense that harm was caused by another’s negligence, only in this instance, it resulted in death. Representatives of the deceased, acting on behalf of surviving family members and others, typically file a wrongful death lawsuit, making them the most likely recipients of pre-settlement funding for wrongful death cases.
- Burn Injuries – Not only are serious burn injuries one of the most painful injuries to sustain, but the recovery and rehabilitation time is considerable. To make matters even more emotionally taxing, the litigation associated with burn injuries can be long and complicated. Pre-settlement funding may be a necessity for burn victims that don’t have the financial wherewithal to outlast a lengthy legal battle.
- Dog Bites – The Insurance Information Institute states that dog bites, and other dog-related injuries, make up about one-third of all homeowners liability cases. Insurers make it challenging to collect on dog bite cases, but you can prevail given professional legal counsel and the financial buffer that legal funding provides. In severe dog bites cases, time off of work to recover is a must. Victims left disfigured due to vicious dog bites and have had to endure reconstructive surgery may also benefit from a lawsuit loan or pre-settlement funding.
- Construction Site Injuries – Construction site injuries can sometimes fall into the personal injury category. Injuries and fatalities that occur on a construction site are especially complicated because they involve so many people and moving parts. Establishing what or who is at fault can be challenging. In some cases there are multiple parties at fault, whether that is the hiring company, equipment manufacturer or the property owner. Keep in mind that personal injury claims differ from workers’ compensation and are not the same thing. FCA Legal Funding does not fund workers’ compensation cases.
- Medical Malpractice – When it comes to the most common of legal funding requests, medical malpractice takes the cake. These lawsuits arise when a patient sustains injuries due to the negligence of a healthcare professional. Medical malpractice lawsuits are difficult to fight, but the rewards can be handsome if you choose to stick it out. Medical malpractice includes things like misdiagnosing a patient, administering the wrong medications, or physically harm while under the supervision of a healthcare professional. Once again, these types of cases can draw out for years, making legal funding a valuable tool for victims and their families.
Whatever the case may be, you deserve to recover in peace without the financial stress of a drawn-out personal injury lawsuit. FCA Legal Funding has been providing victims with fair and reliable financial resources when they need it the most. On average, pre-settlement funding takes about 24-48 hours from application to cash in hand. Gain financial peace of mind in this delicate time.
Don’t go into debt while you’re trying to recover. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another, it is time you call FCA Legal Funding to see if you qualify for a lawsuit loan or pre-settlement cash advance. You can be approved in minutes! 310.424.5176