ATTORNEY FUNDING — CALIFORNIA LAW FIRM FINANCING & YOUR LAW PRACTICE
Apply for pre-settlement funding and get approved today! FCA Legal Funding is prepared to finance your case so you can negotiate a settlement your clients deserve.
Call today at 310-424-5176 or apply for pre-settlement or post-settlement funding, a lawsuit cash advance, or settlement acceleration online, now!
Attorney Funding for California Law Firms
FCA Legal Funding helps attorneys obtain non-recourse lawsuit funding, often within 24 hours. We use only the facts of the case to determine how much to provide. Gone are the days when you had to resort to business financing, which is often hard to obtain. We provide attorney pre-settlement funding in California to cover a variety of expenses. You can therefore serve your personal injury plaintiffs, who in turn benefit from funds to cover their expenses while a case is pending.
What Is Attorney Funding?
Attorney funding is not a lawsuit loan. It is a form of case funding or lawsuit financing, a non-recourse investment to help you take on a case. Nothing is paid out of pocket, by you or your plaintiffs. The principle, fees, and terms are determined on a case-by-case basis. Our underwriter can estimate the value of the case, the financial impact of plaintiff’s personal injuries, and how much the legal process will cost.
Lawsuit funding can be used pre-settlement or post-settlement. At FCA Legal Funding, we know the process before, during, and after a case settles can be long and costly. We have therefore developed a funding process, so your firm has capital right when you need it. Attorney funding is a financial solution that can help both your law firm and your clients.
Why Should I Apply for Attorney Funding?
Legal funding is more advantageous to law firms and plaintiffs than loans. There are no application fees, credit checks, or other factors to inhibit your search for financing. The process also does not require paperwork, adding efficiency and environmental sustainability. Funding expedites the legal process as well, from filing claims to discovery, to bringing in expert witnesses and even going to trial, if necessary.
A legal case, even if it doesn’t go to trial, can last for months or years. Without a means to predict the outcome, legal funding is needed to cover the costs. This gives your firm more spending power to take on insurance companies with massive budgets to hire the best attorneys and maintain their position.
The benefits of legal funding for your firm also include:
- More capital than a traditional litigation finance company or bank.
- Coverage for expenses like payroll, operating costs, advertising, discovery, etc.
- Funds are repaid only if the case wins, out of the settlement amount (term-based payback).
- No out-of-pocket costs, hidden fees, or middlemen.
- A fast, hassle-free application and approval process.
- You can afford to work on a contingency fee basis to serve your clients.
Types of Funding Available to Plaintiffs
FCA Legal Funding also offers funding options to plaintiffs, which enable attorneys to continue cases and follow through to a personal injury settlement. Our options for litigation financing include:
- Pre-Settlement Loans
More a cash advance rather than a traditional loan, legal funding does not impose strict payment terms and tight deadlines. There is no income or credit history check. Personal injury clients often face time out of work and a mountain of medical bills, so are not able to afford legal costs. Funding is determined using relevant case information along with witness accounts, police reports, medical records, and other documents plus details from accident attorneys. Our underwriters use this information to make a no-obligation offer.
- Post-Settlement Funding
Once your case reaches a settlement, that does not mean your plaintiff will be paid right away. Securing the proceeds can take a while. Appeals and defendants who are less than eager to pay up can delay the process. Rent, mortgage, and medical bills will still be due. Auto accident and product recall cases take longer to pay out, as do those involving an insurance company or the state of California. Higher settlement amounts, the number of plaintiffs involved, and the terms of the payout can affect the timeframe as well.
- Lawsuit Cash Advance
It’s not uncommon for attorneys to face unanticipated financial burdens. Our Lawsuit Cash Advance REFI / Cash Out Program is available if you opt to refinance a previous cash advance or have self-funded a client. It can avoid closing a case due to financial issues or having a plaintiff settle early. The process, which works like refinancing home mortgage loans, enables you to obtain an advance with a different term and lower fees. And… you may even qualify for an additional cash advance on top of prior financing.
- Settlement Acceleration Program
Contrary to common belief, financial solutions aren’t usually available as soon as a settlement is reached. It can take weeks, months, or even years to receive the full proceeds. Our settlement acceleration program addresses this by pulling cash from a future settlement, similar to a reverse mortgage or home equity. Once the settlement amount is received, the cash is paid back as a percentage of the total. Meanwhile, an advance can be used to pay debt, rent, medical bills, and litigation expenses.
FCA Legal Funding: Reputable Pre-Settlement Funding Team
Legal funding or lawsuit funding for attorneys enables personal injury plaintiffs to obtain advances against their pending or settled case so they have the funds to cover their expenses while their case progresses.
What your law firm needs to know:
- Your client can get approved and funded the same day if we get the necessary signatures
- Applications can be done over the phone in less than 7 minutes
- Approval requires accepted liability, a copy of the police report, medical bills summary with amounts, and images
- FCA gets paid when the case settles and assumes the client’s position up to the amount due with the balance going to the client
- FCA will reduce the payment to a portion of what everyone else does should the case not settle as expected
- If the case is lost, the client owes nothing to FCA
Oftentimes, clients have pressing financial needs such as their medical care and basic expenses, and are unable to wait for their potential settlement. This can unfortunately force their lawyer to settle their injury claim for pennies on a dollar.
What Your Firm Stands to Gain with FCA Legal Funding
How attorneys benefit from lawsuit funding:
- Protection from “ethical issues” as described in the state bar related to self-funding
- Protects your after-tax income by allowing us to take the risk for you
- Increases law firm cash flow by allowing you to refinance advances which are self-funded or by other funding companies
Litigation funding for attorneys can benefit the legal process in many ways. For a lawyer, it can cover office expenses, so your team can move forward. Litigation expenses may also be covered. Litigation, from discovery to trial, can cost more than most clients can afford. Most personal injury clients are in a tough financial spot. Attorney funding can bypass this issue, allowing the case to continue.
It can take weeks, months, or sometimes years to settle a case and get the money. No matter how long it will take, litigation financing can support the case, attorney’s financial requirements, and the client’s needs until they are paid, allowing the client to proceed with a case.
Cases We Fund
We can provide litigation funding for a wide range of cases so there is less pressure on your client, including:
Auto Accidents: Car accidents affect millions and kill tens of thousands annually in the U.S. Victims may include drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians. Lives are changed in an instant, and a plaintiff may be left unable to work or perform basic day-to-day activities. Legal funding can cover their medical bills, litigation costs, and personal expenses, while we negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company.
Personal injury: Personal injury lawsuits can be complex. It may be a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, dog bite, burn injury, traumatic brain injury, or premises liability case. Once a client hires you and file a claim, you can apply for legal funding. Our team will contact you to discuss the case and determine a funding amount.
Product Liability: Consumers assume products are safe, but electronics, tools, and other consumer products have caused serious injuries. Defective or improperly fitted automobile parts and defective/poor quality industrial machinery, tools, and equipment have as well. The resulting medical bills and litigation costs can be high, but legal funding for attorneys can keep a case going to settlement.
Misdiagnosis and mistakes during surgeries are just a couple of examples, but defective medical devices put patients at risk all to often. These include hernia mesh, knee and hip replacements, and transvaginal mesh. Litigation funding can help you proceed with a complex case that may involve fights with powerful insurance companies.
Athlete Injuries: Concussion lawsuits against the NCAA, NFL, WWE, and NHL have been in recent headlines. If your client is in one of these categories or is filing a Pop Warner lawsuit, we can fund the case, so your resources can be put towards reaching a settlement.
Labor Law: The law firms and insurers of construction, train, and marine vessel and equipment companies are experienced and aggressive. Our team can provide your case with funding so the resources are available to proceed with lawsuits against these firms and get your client compensated.
Accounts Receivables: We provide attorney, surgery, and case or receivable funding, and work with medical or doctor receivables and settled cases of all types.
Options for Litigation Financing for Attorneys
We offer a couple of options, both which are a more practical and affordable alternative to a lawsuit loan for attorneys.
- Attorneys often encounter clients who are short on cash. They are often facing unanticipated financial burdens, which can force them to settle early or avoid a case. Whether your client has a previous cash advance or your firm has self-funded them, we can refinance the advance similar to how home mortgage loans are refinanced.
- In the process, a new advance is created with a different term and lower fees. The overall cost of the advance is reduced. If you’ve funded your client, you can shift the risk to FCA Legal Funding. You may also qualify for an additional advance, meaning a greater cash out and more financial support for your client.
- Settlements sometimes take years to reach, but our settlement acceleration program works like a reverse mortgage, so you get funding and pay it back only under certain circumstances. Cash, pulled from a future settlement, is paid back as a percentage of the final settlement amount.
- Pre-settlement funding for an attorney doesn’t require a credit check. Approval is based solely on the facts of the case. The funding is a sort of future asset, and similar to home equity. Better yet, there are no restrictions on how the settlement advance is used; it can be applied to litigation expenses, debt, medical bills, rent, and more.
If your clients need money today, complete our simple application or call us at (310) 424-5176!
California’s Lawsuit Cash Advance Specialists
We are currently helping a significant number of attorneys in California with lawsuit cash advance requests from clients unable to pay their daily expenses. These advances afford attorneys ample time to negotiate higher settlements by not being forced by the client to settle prematurely.
This program has been misclassified as many things such as an accident or lawsuit loan; however, unlike a loan, no collateral or review of an applicant’s credit profile is necessary to qualify for funding since funding is based on the merits of the case. Furthermore, with pre-settlement funding in California, the plaintiff pays a previously determined amount based on potential proceeds upon actual settlement.
Attorney Lawsuit Funding FAQs
As you may have experienced, you have to expect the unexpected in the legal profession, especially while navigating what could be a long process in getting the best possible settlement for your injured client. You can’t allow for the insurance company to hold out in settling a claim while your client is slowly drowning in anxiety over their bills and other financial responsibilities.
The process is simple:
1. The plaintiff contacts FCA Legal Funding for a cash advance.
2. Your firm will be required to provide specific case information.
3. Once the details have been received, the case is reviewed by our underwriter who determines the viability of funding.
4. If approved, an agreement is drafted and sent to the plaintiff and their attorney.
5. Once executed, the funds can be picked up at our local office in downtown Los Angeles (for free), wire transferred to their personal account (for a fee), or send via UPS/FEDEX delivery (for a fee).< 6. Plaintiff funding is a non-recourse purchase interest against the future settlement. 7. Upon settlement of the case, the law firm will have a duty to request a payoff as per our agreement and payback funds from their trust account on behalf of the plaintiff to satisfy the cash advance lien.
We evaluate the case with some basic information from you:
- Copy of the Police Report / Incident Report
- Policy limits
- Summary of the medical bills
- Images (if available)
Our unique lawsuit cash advance will not require payment during the term of the case until a final settlement is reached. These advances are Non-Recourse, which means if the case is lost, nothing is due.
Litigation financing is a process in which a third-party firm funds a lawsuit. In the end, a portion of a future financial recovery is returned to pay back the advance. Non-recourse funding means repayment is not required if the lawsuit does not win.
Contrary to a lawsuit loan for attorneys, attorney funding does not require monthly payments, credit checks, or upfront fees (aside from underwriting costs paid when the advance is due). Also, advances are repaid only if the case settles favorably.
We go over the details upon receiving the application form, and assess the case by comparing it to many others. Once our underwriter determines a funding amount, we notify the client and their attorney.
Our application process takes just a few minutes. Just fill out our online form and we contact the attorney for more information. Once we receive all the details we need, litigation financing may be available within 24 hours.
Understanding The California
Legal Funding Process
Chances are, legal funding is a much simpler process than you think. Before looking into obtaining settlement funding, however, you need to make sure that you have already retained a personal injury attorney to handle your accident claim. A settlement cash advance is not for the purpose of paying for an attorney. An attorney will not be paid up front for injury claims.
Once this is in place, you should fill out our online form which outlines the basic details of your accident. We combine this information with data we collect from your attorney to determine what a fair amount of funding to offer you.
We will then make you a funding offer, of which you may accept as much as you think is necessary to sustain you through the litigation process. This cash funding is typically needed by clients who have bills to pay and are often unable to work because of the injuries sustained in the accident. It is also a more convenient and practical alternative to lawsuit loans that must be paid back in full.
When does settlement funding
come into play?
Once you have retained an attorney, this is the time to speak with FCA Legal Funding about getting a lawsuit cash advance. You need to give your attorney the time they need to litigate effectively rather than settling early to obtain your settlement, and because such injury claims can take so long, pre-settlement funding in California is the optimal way to get a cash advance on your settlement. It can enable you to pay your bills and living expenses until your case is resolved.
Your attorney will begin a preliminary investigation to determine 3 things:
- Who is responsible for the accident?
- What injuries were caused by the accident?
- Who is the insurance provider that should issue compensation?
Your personal injury attorney will make use of all relevant case information and documentation such as records, police reports, medical statements, and other related evidence compiled to resolve the claim. The goal is to accomplish this without the need for courtroom litigation to ensure a quicker settlement. Your attorney may send a Demand Package to the insurance company if they believe an easy settlement is possible, otherwise they will file suit against the insurance company. The insurance company then assesses the claim and makes an initial settlement offer. Only in rare cases will the insurance company offer the maximum amount of the insurance policy. You, as the injured party, may decide to accept the settlement or not.
If the insurance company is unwilling to offer you the financial compensation you deserve, your attorney can file a formal injury lawsuit which could eventually bring your case to court.
Mediation is a way of resolving disputes between attorneys who are attempting to land on an agreeable settlement amount. A judge may order Mediation before proceeding to trial wherein a third party, or Mediator, assists in helping parties reach a settlement. Once a settlement is reached, the insurance company issues compensation within weeks and the lawsuit is dropped.
Otherwise, the case may be tried before a judge or a jury depending on the extent of the claim. A trial can last days or months or even years and can cost a lot of money in lawyer fees, which is where our settlement loans alternative helps. There is no way to accurately predict the outcome of the case, and insurance companies typically have huge budgets to pay elite attorneys.
What to Look for When Searching for a Lawsuit
Funding Company in California
There are several important things to know when you are looking for legal funding. If you don’t know what criteria to judge a California lawsuit funding company by, you might end up making the wrong decisions. The qualities you should consider in your due diligence include:
- Simplicity is one of the greatest advantages of lawsuit funding over, for example, injury loans. Do not sign any contracts unless you have already consulted with your attorney. The contract may be more complex than you anticipated, but a legal representative can check the fine print for clarity, so all parties understand what the agreement says.
- With FCA Legal Funding, the terms always include:
- No upfront payments
- No win, no repayment
- Term based payback
- You only pay back the funds awarded to you if your case wins. We don’t check your income or credit history either. The cash can be used to cover your bills and, if your lawyer wins the case, you repay based on the terms of the contract.
Easy & Fast Process:
- When you are approved for a settlement cash advance, you do not have to wait to receive your funds. We offer same day funding. There is no delay in having the cash you need to cover your expenses (FCA Legal Funding offers an advance of up to $100,000 in 24 hours). This can be particularly useful if you are injured and unable to work.
- As soon as you apply, we’ll review the facts of your case. Only the details you provide are used to come to a decision. A bank, on the other hand, will consider so many other personal details when you apply for a traditional injury loan, regardless of the circumstances of your situation.
IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW IS INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT THAT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT, WE CAN HELP
The legal funding process in California is simple: the complainant, or injured party, contacts FCA Legal Funding for financial assistance with paying their expenses while unable to work. The latter would then request detailed case documentation from the complainant’s attorney.
The entire process is paperless.
Once all the information is gathered, it is carefully reviewed by FCA Legal Funding to determine the viability of the case. Once approved, a drafted agreement is sent to the complainant and their attorney. During the process, the funds are sent to be used as needed by the applicant.
Common Reasons to Seek Legal
Funding in California
The cash you receive can be used immediately to your advantage. Plaintiffs who are seeking a lawsuit have often been through something that has affected their earning capacity, such as an injury or loss of employment. With the money received through pre-settlement funding in California, you can:
- Pay rent to avoid eviction.
- Make car payments or pay for repairs.
- Buy food and other essentials.
- Purchase medicines and other health necessities.
- Pay treatment and medical bills.
- Afford various family obligations.
- & More
Settlement loans also help you avoid going into credit card debt. Plaintiffs often run into many financial struggles during the litigation process and may rely on various types of borrowing. A settlement loan offers a more practical alternative that can cover your financial needs but not significantly hurt your recovery if your case wins.
Obtain Pre-Settlement Funding
with FCA Legal Funding
For those seriously injured in an accident, FCA Legal Funding can work directly with you and your attorney to forward you the cash you need within 24 hours of filling out our online application. There is no paperwork involved and no credit check is required. Unlike lawsuit loans, your cash advance is based solely on the merits of your case! In the event that your case is lost, you won’t have to repay anything.
FCA Legal Funding is highly rated, so our services are highly regarded among clients. Your approval for a settlement cash advance is dependent only on the facts of the case. Just request an amount and submit your application. We also use a completely paperless system, so the process is fast, simple, and convenient. There’s no added stress on top of an already difficult situation you may already be facing.